Sennheiser ME 66 Supercardioid Shotgun Microphone Head
The Sennheiser ME 66 is a supercardioid shotgun condenser microphone designed to provide focused sound pickup for boom operators, sound engineers, and videographers in ENG, EFP, video and television production, broadcast, and interviews. Its supercardioid/lobar polar pattern delivers a tight, focused pickup area with effective rejection of sounds from the sides and rear of the mic. A wide 40 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response ensures accurate signal capture across the frequency spectrum, making it welcome for recording dialog, Foley, sound effects, and ambient noise.
With high sensitivity and maximum SPL ratings, it works well with a variety of preamps and can handle both hushed and loud sound sources. Its low self-noise yields an improved signal-to-noise ratio appropriate for typical digital recording systems.
The ME 66 easily attaches to a K6 or K6P powering module (required and available separately) for simple integration with standard microphone preamps. Its compact body allows camera and boompole mounting while remaining out of the shot.
- Effective Noise Rejection
- Highly directional supercardioid/lobar polar pattern yields enhanced attenuation at the sides of the microphone and maximum pickup at the front
- Wide Frequency Response
- 40 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response for detailed, accurate signal reproduction
- High Maximum SPL
- High 125 dB maximum SPL provides distortion-free recording of loud sources
- Compact Design
- Compact enclosure enables lightweight use on video cameras and boompoles
- Powering Options
- Easily attaches to K6 or K6P powering modules (available separately) for stable power
- Protective Finish
- Matte black, anodized, scratch-resistant finish