Boss KTN-100 Katana 100 Guitar Combo 100W Amp
With 100 watts of power and a custom 12-inch speaker, the Katana-100 delivers a commanding range of gig-worthy tones that gracefully slice through any band scenario. The amp also excels for home playing, with a uniquely efficient design and innovative Power Control that provides inspiring sound and response at low volumes. In addition, the Katana-100 includes integrated access to a huge range of BOSS effects, which are customizable using the free BOSS Tone Studio editor software. And with the amp’s powerful Tone Setting memories, you can store your favorite amp channel setups and effects combinations for instant recall.
Katana Version 2: Expanded Effects, More Tone Settings, and Increased Performance Versatility
Available starting in October 2017, the feature-packed Katana Version 2 update adds many user-requested additions and enhancements to the Katana stage amp lineup. New SDE-3000 delay, Phaser 90E, and Flanger 117E effects bring the total number to 58, and the Tone Setting memories have been doubled for even greater versatility while performing. The update also includes newly added channel and global EQs for refined tone-shaping, powerful Cabinet Resonance and Air Feel direct out functions derived from the Waza amp series, and many other great features.
- Stage-ready 100-watt combo amp with a custom 12-inch speaker
- Five unique amp characters: Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown (derived from the Waza amp), and Acoustic (for acoustic-electric guitars)
- Choose from a huge selection of customizable effects and effect routing configurations with the BOSS Tone Studio editor software
- Dedicated gain, EQ, presence, and effects controls for adjusting sounds quickly
- Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
- Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and dynamic response at low volumes
- Built-in tilt stand for optimal monitoring and sound projection
- Pro setups available at BOSS Tone Central
Katana Version 2 Newly Added Features
- Tone Setting memories increased from four to eight (two banks of four)
- Access to 58 total effects (SDE-3000 delay, Phaser 90E, and Flanger 117E types added)
- Full-time channel and global parametric EQs for refined tone shaping
- Three Cabinet Resonance types adjust the interaction between the amp’s output section and speaker, enabling you to fine-tune the feel and tone of the amp
- Cabinet simulation on the line, USB, and phones/recording outputs enhanced with three Air Feel settings for adding depth and dimension to direct tones
- Reverb section now supports delay and delay-plus-reverb in addition to reverb only
- Expanded send/return routing options for inserting external processing in the effects loop
- About the Katana Amp Series
Katana—the traditional sword carried by the historic samurai of Japan—is a symbol of honor, precision, and artistry in Japanese culture. Adopting the majestic sword’s name with pride, the Katana series presents guitar amplifiers with smooth, cutting tones honed by generations of dedication and expertise. Born of the development process behind the acclaimed Waza amplifier, these innovative amps embody BOSS’s determined pursuit of the ultimate rock sound. Featuring proprietary circuit designs and meticulous tuning, the Katana series combines traditional craftsmanship and breakthrough functions to produce true next-generation rock amplifiers.
- A Refined Amp with Inspiring Tone
Designed for guitarists who are serious about their sound, the Katana-100 offers exceptional tone and touch response for stage playing, recording, and simply practicing at home. A standout characteristic of every Katana amp is the dynamic interaction between its output section and the speaker, which provides the ultra-responsive musical experience that players crave. The Version 2 update adds an expressive Cabinet Resonance function derived from the flagship Waza amps, which allows you to customize this interaction for your touch with three resonance types. Delivering class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence that stands shoulder-to-shoulder with high-end amp designs, the Katana-100 is ready to meet the needs of any playing situation.
- Five Original Amp Characters, Honed for Rock Playing
Sharpened to perfection by the BOSS engineering team, the Katana-100’s five amp characters offer everything from organic vintage tones to modern high-gain sounds. Clean is natural and transparent, while Crunch offers satisfying grit and response. Lead has a wide gain range to suit many styles, from fat, stinging blues solos to fluid legato shredding. With DNA inherited from the Waza amp, Brown delivers refined high-gain tone sought after by the world’s greatest rock players. The Acoustic character further enhances the Katana’s versatility, providing optimized tone that makes acoustic-electric guitars sound stunningly natural.
- Leave Your Pedalboard at Home
With its built-in BOSS effects, the Katana-100 lets you perform anywhere with just a guitar and amp. Connecting to BOSS Tone Studio via USB provides access to 58 fully-customizable effects, and you can load your favorites into the amp’s various effects sections. Going beyond standard distortion, delay, and reverb, the selection includes powerful tone-shapers like pitch shifting, ring mod, slicer, and many more. Newly added in Version 2, the SDE-3000 delay, Phaser 90E, and Flanger 117E effects provide classic sounds that are a perfect match for the Katana’s Brown channel tones. Additional updates include the ability to use delay and delay-plus-reverb in the Reverb section, plus enhanced send/return routing for using favorite pedals and other external processing in the amp’s effects loop.
- Tone Settings: One-Touch Recall of Custom Amp and Effects Setups
One of the Katana-100’s most powerful features is the ability to store favorite amp channel and effects setups in Tone Setting memories for instant recall. The Version 2 update adds a second bank of Tone Settings, doubling the number of available memories from four to eight. Combined with the newly added channel and global parametric EQs (configurable in BOSS Tone Studio), this elevates the Katana-100’s performance versatility to even higher levels. It’s easy to select Tone Settings and switch between the two banks from a panel button, or via an optional external footswitch for hands-free control on the gig.
- Grab-and-Go Operation
While the Katana-100 includes many advanced features, it’s amazingly simple to operate. Familiar knobs for gain, three-band EQ, and presence let you quickly dial in your tone, just as you would with any standard amp. Essential effects parameters are adjusted with a simple knob twist, and Tone Settings can be stored with a brief button hold. And with the convenient Power Control, you can roll back the volume for small stages and home playing while retaining the expressive tone and feel of a cranked-up amp. The Katana-100 also features line, USB, and phones/recording outputs with cabinet simulation, allowing you to send mic’d up amp tones to a PA system, computer DAW, or headphones for quiet practice. Version 2 further enhances this capability with three Air Feel settings derived from the flagship Waza amps.
- BOSS Tone Central
At the website, you’ll find numerous free amp and effects setups for the Katana series. Created by pro guitarists, these setups provide ready-to-play sounds for various music styles, and also make great starting points for building your own sounds. They load into the memories in a Katana amp via the BOSS Tone Studio editor software, which is also available at the site. In addition to Katana effects selection and customization, BOSS Tone Studio gives you a convenient way to organize all your Katana setups for different gigs, recordings, and practice sessions.